7 Chakras - Benefits of Chakra Meditation
One of the classes that you will often find at holistic wellness centres is chakra healing meditation. You probably hear the term ‘chakras’ whenever a meditation instructor discusses yoga and new age philosophies. And you probably know that they have something to do with energies in the body. What you may not be aware of is that there are seven main chakras, and each of them plays an important role.
Chakra pertains to the energy points in the human body. It is a Sanskrit word that means “wheel." Like wheels, chakras are spinning disks of energy that correspond to the nerves, organs, and different areas of the body. They can affect physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. They must stay open and aligned for a person to achieve optimum wellbeing. Chakra meditation can help strengthen them!
The 7 chakras
Understanding the 7 chakras can help you tap into your major energy points, which are located in different parts of your body. Each of them has its own number, name, colour, and health focus. They are fairly easy to remember:
- Crown - violet
- Third eye - indigo
- Throat - blue
- Heart - green
- Solar plexus - yellow
- Sacral - orange
- Root - red
The benefits of chakra meditation
Meditation opens and strengthens each chakra, allowing you to benefit from their specific powers.
- Crown - Helps all chakras to stay open and aligned and attain bliss and enlightenment
- Third eye - Increases intuition and ability to see the big picture
- Throat - Improves communication and compassion when speaking and listening
- Heart - Improves love and connection with others
- Solar plexus - Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Sacral - Boost self-worth around pleasure, sexuality, and creativity
- Root - Feeling grounded and secure
If you are interested in learning more about chakras and how meditation can help you strengthen them, it’s recommended to enrol in meditation classes focused on chakra realignment and balancing. You can also try yoga!